Saturday, April 25, 2009

Welcome to the real mommy

Today's personal challenge: An attitude of gratitude.
Today's reader challenge: End every other sentence with "and everything". Let me know how it goes.

Today's installment will be disjointed as the real mommy gets underway.
Lately I have been very edgy and irritable. I think it is because my 15 month old son has been over indulged. More about that in an another installment.
My dear friend and mentor Tom McGarrity has died. He was a fixture in West Hartford Center (West Hartford, CT). Tom is/was well loved by all. I don't know how
Japanalia will flourish without him.
I am pretty sure that by 32 years old I should have worked out my beliefs on the afterlife. I haven't yet. Being a mom has me really feeling my own mortality in a way I have never known before. More than anything I want all the religious teachings from my youth to be true and real. For now, it would be great if God would give me a face to face interview. There are so many questions to be asked. It would be so reassuring to meet him/her/it.
Are humans the only species that are conscious of their own mortality?

No comments:

Post a Comment